*We may earn a commission for the purchases made using our links. Please see our disclosure to learn more.
Stuck on what to pair with those delicious chicken cutlets you just cooked up? You’re not alone. Many of us find it a challenge to decide what to serve with chicken cutlets. In this blog post, we’ll share various tasty options that perfectly complement chicken cutlets.
Let’s dive in and make your next meal absolutely delightful!
Table of Contents
- 1 Side Dishes for Chicken Cutlets
- 2 Healthy Options for Chicken Cutlets
- 3 Fancy Side Dishes for Chicken Cutlets
- 4 Classic Pairings for Chicken Cutlets
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
- Popular side dishes that pair well with chicken cutlets include vegetables, potatoes, rice or pasta, salads, sauces and condiments.
- Some specific vegetable options to consider are glazed carrots, corn on the cob, roasted Brussels sprouts, steamed broccoli, grilled asparagus, sautéed bell peppers, and baked sweet potatoes.
- For potato side dishes with chicken cutlets, you can choose mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, French fries,
- Rice or pasta options that go well with chicken cutlets include basmati rice pilaf,
Side Dishes for Chicken Cutlets
Some popular side dishes to serve with chicken cutlets include vegetables, potatoes, rice or pasta, salads, sauces and condiments, and other suggestions.
Vegetables add a fresh, vibrant touch to chicken cutlets and help to make a balanced meal. They can be grilled, roasted, sautéed, or steamed and served on the side. Here are some vegetable options to consider:
- Glazed carrots: Their sweetness offsets the saltiness of the chicken cutlets.
- Corn on the cob: A classic pairing for any poultry dish and a family favorite.
- Roasted Brussels sprouts: The nutty flavor of these vegetables pairs well with cutlets.
- Steamed broccoli: This green veggie is both healthy and complementary to chicken dishes.
- Grilled asparagus: This option adds sophistication to your chicken dinner.
- Sautéed bell peppers: Their bright colors and juicy texture add visual appeal to chicken cutlet meals.
- Baked sweet potatoes: They add a bit of sweetness and lots of fiber for an all-round nutritious side dish.
If you don’t like it and still wondering what to serve with chicken cutlets, here’s the answer! Potatoes are a versatile and delicious side dish option that complements chicken cutlets perfectly. Here are a few ways you can serve potatoes with your chicken cutlets:
- Mashed potatoes: Creamy and smooth, mashed potatoes are a classic choice to go with chicken cutlets. The rich flavor of the potatoes pairs well with the crispy texture of the cutlets.
- Roasted potatoes: Whether you prefer them golden and crispy or seasoned with herbs, roasted potatoes add a flavorful twist to your meal. They provide a satisfying crunch alongside tender chicken cutlets.
- French fries: For a more indulgent option, serve your chicken cutlets with crispy French fries. This classic combination is sure to be a hit, especially with kids and those craving some comfort food.
- Potato wedges: Another variation of fried potatoes, potato wedges offer a thicker and heartier bite. Seasoned with spices and baked until golden brown, they make for an irresistible side dish.
- Potato salad: If you’re looking for something cold and refreshing, potato salad is an excellent choice. Tangy mayonnaise dressing mixed with diced potatoes creates a cool contrast to the warm chicken cutlets.
- Baked potatoes: A simple yet satisfying option, baked potatoes provide a blank canvas for additional toppings such as sour cream, chives, bacon bits, or melted cheese.
Rice or Pasta
Rice or pasta is a versatile and filling option to serve with chicken cutlets. And here’s where your search for what to serve with chicken cutlets should end. Here are some tasty choices to consider:
- Basmati rice pilaf: The fragrant and fluffy basmati rice pairs perfectly with the crispy chicken cutlets. Add in some sautéed onions, carrots, and peas for extra flavor.
- Spaghetti aglio e olio: This simple yet flavorful pasta dish consists of spaghetti tossed in garlic-infused olive oil and topped with red pepper flakes and fresh parsley. It complements the chicken cutlets well.
- Creamy Alfredo pasta: Indulge in a rich and creamy Alfredo sauce draped over fettuccine or penne pasta. This decadent side dish adds a luxurious touch to the meal.
- Lemon herb orzo salad: Orzo, a small rice-shaped pasta, mixed with lemon zest, chopped herbs like parsley and dill, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers is a refreshing choice to pair with chicken cutlets.
- Pesto tortellini: Cook up some cheesy tortellini and toss it generously with homemade pesto sauce made from basil, pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and olive oil.
- Caprese risotto: This creamy risotto flavored with tomato paste, fresh basil leaves, mozzarella cheese balls (bocconcini), and juicy cherry tomatoes adds an Italian flair to your chicken cutlet dinner.
- Garlic butter noodles: Elevate plain noodles by tossing them in melted garlic butter. It’s a simple yet delicious side that complements the flavors of the chicken cutlets.
Salads can be a refreshing and healthy option to serve with chicken cutlets. They provide a light and crunchy contrast to the breaded and fried chicken. Here are some salad ideas that pair well with chicken cutlets:
- Caesar salad: This classic salad features crisp romaine lettuce, Parmesan cheese, croutons, and a tangy Caesar dressing. The creamy dressing complements the crispy chicken cutlets.
- Caprese salad: Made with fresh tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil leaves, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze or dressing, this salad provides a burst of flavors that complement the chicken.
- Greek salad: A combination of cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese tossed in a lemony vinaigrette. The briny olives and tangy feta add depth to the meal.
- Garden salad: A simple mix of lettuce greens, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers with your choice of dressing. This versatile salad pairs well with any type of chicken cutlet preparation.
- Spinach salad: Baby spinach leaves topped with sliced strawberries or mandarin oranges, crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese, and a honey mustard dressing. The sweetness of the fruit balances out the savory chicken.
Sauces and Condiments
Sauces and condiments can add an extra burst of flavor to your chicken cutlets. Here are some delicious options to consider:
- Mushroom marsala sauce: This rich and savory sauce is made with marsala wine and sautéed mushrooms, complementing the flavors of the chicken cutlets perfectly.
- Spicy mayo: A tangy and spicy mayo-based sauce can add a kick to your chicken cutlets. You can mix mayo with hot sauce, sriracha, or other spices to create a flavorful dipping sauce.
- Maggi Tamarind Sauce: This tangy and slightly sweet sauce adds a unique twist to your chicken cutlets. It pairs well with the crispy texture of the cutlets.
- BBQ sauce: The smoky and slightly sweet flavor of BBQ sauce complements the juicy chicken cutlets. Brush it on top of the cutlets before baking or grilling for a mouthwatering dish. This is definitely the best answer for what to serve with chicken cutlets!
- Buffalo sauce: If you prefer some heat, drizzle buffalo sauce over your chicken cutlets for a spicy and tangy kick. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing for added creaminess.
- Honey mustard: The combination of honey and mustard creates a sweet yet tangy flavor that enhances the taste of chicken cutlets. Use it as a dip or drizzle it over the top.
- Teriyaki glaze: This sweet and savory Japanese glaze adds an umami flavor to your chicken cutlets. Brush it on during cooking or use it as a dipping sauce for an Asian-inspired twist.
- Pesto: Spread pesto on top of your chicken cutlets before baking them for an herby and flavorful dish. You can also serve pesto on the side as a dipping sauce.
- Lemon butter sauce: A simple yet delicious option is to melt butter with lemon juice and drizzle it over the cooked chicken cutlets. The bright citrus flavor pairs well with the mild taste of chicken.
- Tartar sauce: If you’re serving breaded chicken cutlets, tartar sauce can be the perfect accompaniment. Its creamy and tangy flavor adds a burst of freshness to the dish.
- Serve chicken cutlets with a side of roasted vegetables for a healthy and flavorful option.
- Try pairing chicken cutlets with a tangy coleslaw for a refreshing contrast to the crispy chicken.
- For a twist on classic mashed potatoes, make sweet potato mash as a side dish for chicken cutlets.
- Jazz up your meal by serving chicken cutlets with mango salsa for a burst of tropical flavor.
- Quinoa salad with fresh herbs and lemon vinaigrette is another delicious option to serve alongside chicken cutlets.
- If you’re looking for something lighter, opt for grilled asparagus or steamed broccoli as a side dish for chicken cutlets.
- For those who enjoy spice, consider serving chicken cutlets with spicy sriracha mayo or chipotle aioli.
- Serve chicken cutlets on top of creamy polenta for a rich and satisfying meal.
- For a Mediterranean – inspired meal, serve chicken cutlets with tzatziki sauce and Greek salad on the side.
- Another option is to serve chicken cutlets with a side of ratatouille – an assortment of roasted vegetables in tomato sauce.
Remember to experiment with different flavors and textures to find your perfect combination when serving chicken cutlets!
Healthy Options for Chicken Cutlets
When it comes to serving healthy options with chicken cutlets, there are plenty of delicious and nutritious choices to answer what to serve with chicken cutlets. One popular option is to pair chicken cutlets with a side of roasted vegetables.
Roasting vegetables brings out their natural flavors and adds a satisfying crunch. You can choose from a variety of vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and bell peppers.
Another healthy choice is to serve the chicken cutlets with a side of quinoa or brown rice. These whole grains provide fiber and nutrients while complementing the protein in the chicken.
Additionally, you can opt for a green salad as a side dish, which provides vitamins and minerals along with refreshing flavors. Adding some sliced cucumbers or cherry tomatoes would add extra freshness to the meal.
Overall, incorporating these healthy options alongside your chicken cutlets ensures a well-balanced meal that is both tasty and nutritious.
Fancy Side Dishes for Chicken Cutlets
Pairing chicken cutlets with fancy side dishes can elevate your meal and impress your guests. One option is to serve the chicken cutlets with a creamy mushroom marsala sauce. The earthy flavors of the mushrooms combined with the rich marsala wine create a luxurious sauce that complements the crispy texture of the cutlets perfectly.
Another fancy side dish option is to serve the chicken cutlets with a basmati rice pilaf. The fragrant, fluffy rice cooked with spices and herbs adds depth and complexity to the meal.
You can also consider serving roasted asparagus or sautéed spinach alongside the chicken cutlets for an elegant touch. These vibrant, colorful vegetables not only enhance the visual appeal of the dish but also provide a refreshing contrast to the savory flavors of the chicken.
With these fancy side dishes, you can transform simple chicken cutlets into an impressive gourmet meal that will leave everyone wanting more.
Classic Pairings for Chicken Cutlets
Classic pairings for chicken cutlets include mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, and a side salad. Mashed potatoes provide a creamy and comforting accompaniment to the crispy texture of the chicken.
Roasted vegetables, such as carrots and broccoli, add color and nutritional value to the meal. A side salad with fresh greens and a tangy vinaigrette dressing complements the flavors of the chicken.
In addition to these classic pairings, pasta dishes like spaghetti aglio e olio or fettuccine Alfredo can also be delicious options to serve with chicken cutlets. The simplicity of garlic and oil in spaghetti aglio e olio balances well with the richness of the chicken, while a creamy Alfredo sauce adds decadence to each bite.
When it comes to classic pairings for chicken cutlets, there are endless possibilities to suit your taste preferences. Whether you prefer traditional comfort foods or more adventurous flavors, finding the perfect combination will enhance your dining experience.
Some of the most commonly asked questions in the context of what to serve with chicken cutlets are as follows:
1. What are some popular side dishes to serve with chicken cutlets?
Some popular side dishes to serve with chicken cutlets include mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, steamed rice, and a fresh salad.
2. Can I serve pasta as a side dish with chicken cutlets?
Yes, pasta can be a delicious accompaniment to chicken cutlets. Options like spaghetti or fettuccine tossed in marinara sauce or served with a creamy Alfredo sauce work well.
3. Are there any specific sauces or condiments that pair well with chicken cutlets?
Chicken cutlets go well with various sauces and condiments such as mushroom sauce, lemon butter sauce, honey mustard dressing, or even barbecue sauce for a tangy twist.
4. What vegetarian options can I serve alongside chicken cutlets?
If you’re looking for vegetarian options to accompany your chicken cutlet dish, consider serving grilled or sautéed vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, eggplant, or corn on the cob. You could also offer vegetarian stuffed peppers or quinoa salad as alternatives.
In conclusion, there are countless delicious options for what to serve with chicken cutlets. Whether you’re looking for a healthy side dish, a fancy accompaniment, or a classic pairing, there’s something to please everyone.
From vegetables and potatoes to rice or pasta, salads and sauces – the possibilities are endless. Don’t be afraid to get creative and experiment with different flavors to find your perfect combination!