*We may earn a commission for the purchases made using our links. Please see our disclosure to learn more.
Crack chicken has long been a beloved dish, but have you ever wondered what to serve with crack chicken? I was in the same boat. After extensive menu planning and taste-testing, I discovered that the richness of crack chicken pairs exceptionally well with many dishes.
Through this blog post, we’ll explore a variety of side options! This ranges from classic baked potatoes to unique creative suggestions such as crusty French baguettes or crispy kale. Ready for an exciting culinary journey? Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Side Dishes for Crack Chicken
- 2 Unique and Creative Sides for Crack Chicken
- 3 Exploring Different Flavors with Crack Chicken
- 4 Vegetarian and Vegan Side Dishes for Crack Chicken
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
- Baked sweet potatoes, cauliflower rice, lettuce wraps, blistered cherry tomatoes, mashed potatoes, and buttery garlic green beans are among the best side dishes to serve with crack chicken.
- Unique and creative side options include crackers, crusty French baguette, and crispy kale for added texture and flavor.
- Explore different flavors by adding spice with options like spicy roasted Brussels sprouts or jalapeno cornbread. Balance out the richness of crack chicken with tangy sides such as pickled vegetables or a citrus salad.
- Crack chicken is versatile and can be paired with a variety of side dishes to suit dietary preferences. These include low-carb alternatives for keto diets or gluten-free options like lettuce wraps.
Best Side Dishes for Crack Chicken
When serving crack chicken, consider pairing it with baked sweet potatoes, cauliflower rice, lettuce wraps, blistered cherry tomatoes, mashed potatoes, or buttery garlic green beans. Here’s more about what to serve with crack chicken.
Baked sweet potatoes
Baked sweet potatoes are a tempting choice to pair with crack chicken. The natural sweetness of baked sweet potatoes provides a pleasing contrast to the savory and creamy nature of crack chicken.
The soft, warm texture complements the hearty chicken nicely, providing an additional layer of comfort to your meal. Plus, it’s not just about taste – sweet potatoes pack a nutritional punch too! They’re rich in vitamins A and C, fiber, and potassium.
So next time you cook up some tantalizing crack chicken, consider serving it alongside deliciously baked sweet potatoes for a satisfying pairing that delights both in flavor and health benefits.
Cauliflower rice is a fantastic side dish to serve with crack chicken. Made from grated cauliflower that has been cooked and seasoned, cauliflower rice offers a low-carb alternative to traditional rice. Moreover, it still provides a satisfying texture.
It’s great for those who are watching their carbohydrate intake or following a keto diet. The mild flavor of cauliflower allows it to easily absorb the flavors of the crack chicken! This makes it an excellent companion dish.
Plus, cauliflower rice is quick and easy to prepare, making it a convenient option for busy weeknight dinners. Add some sautéed garlic or herbs for extra flavor and you’ll have a delicious and nutritious side that perfectly complements the rich taste of crack chicken.
Lettuce wraps are a refreshing and light option to serve with crack chicken. The crispness of the lettuce provides a satisfying contrast to the creamy and flavorful chicken. You can use large, sturdy lettuce leaves such as romaine or butterhead lettuce as a wrap for the crack chicken, adding an element of freshness and crunch to each bite.
To enhance the flavors further, consider adding some sliced cucumbers, shredded carrots, or diced tomatoes into your lettuce wrap. This not only adds more texture but also incorporates additional vitamins and nutrients into your meal.
Lettuce wraps are also a great gluten-free alternative for those looking to avoid bread or tortillas. So whether you’re watching your carb intake or simply craving something light yet delicious, lettuce wraps are an excellent choice to accompany your crack chicken feast.
Blistered cherry tomatoes
Blistered cherry tomatoes are a delightful side dish to serve with crack chicken. These juicy little gems burst with flavor when quickly cooked in a hot skillet, creating a smoky and slightly caramelized taste.
Their vibrant color and tangy-sweet profile perfectly complement the rich and savory flavors of crack chicken. Not only do blistered cherry tomatoes add visual appeal to your plate, but they also provide a refreshing contrast to the creaminess of the chicken dish.
Whether you toss them into the crack chicken itself or serve them as a garnish on top, blistered cherry tomatoes elevate the overall dining experience by adding brightness and zest to each bite.
I absolutely love serving mashed potatoes as a side dish with crack chicken. The creamy and buttery texture of the mashed potatoes complements the richness of the crack chicken perfectly.
Not only do they add a comforting element to the meal, but they also help tone down the intense flavors of the dish. Plus, mashed potatoes are incredibly versatile and can be flavored in various ways, such as adding garlic or herbs for an extra kick of flavor.
They’re definitely a crowd-pleaser and make for a satisfying addition to any crack chicken dinner.
Buttery garlic green beans
One of the best side dishes to serve with crack chicken is a plate of buttery garlic green beans. These vibrant and flavorful green beans perfectly complement the richness and creaminess of crack chicken.
The crisp-tender texture of the green beans, combined with the savory taste of garlic and melted butter, creates a mouthwatering combination that will satisfy your taste buds. Not only are green beans a nutritious choice, but they also add a pop of color to your plate.
So, next time you’re serving crack chicken, don’t forget to whip up some delicious buttery garlic green beans as the perfect accompaniment.
Unique and Creative Sides for Crack Chicken
Crack chicken can also be paired with unique and creative side dishes like crackers, crusty French baguette, and crispy kale.
One unique and creative side dish to serve with cracked chicken is crackers. These crunchy snacks make for a tasty and convenient option alongside the creamy and flavorful crack chicken.
You can choose from a variety of crackers, such as whole wheat, multi-grain, or even gluten-free options to suit your dietary preferences. The light and crispy texture of the crackers provides a contrast to the richness of the chicken, creating a delightful combination of flavors and textures.
Plus, you can easily customize your cracker selection by choosing different flavors or varieties like salted, herb-infused, or even spicy options for an extra kick. Crackers are not only easy to find in any grocery store but also pair well with other side dishes on this list for a complete meal experience that everyone will enjoy.
Crusty French baguette
A classic crusty French baguette makes a fantastic side dish to serve with crack chicken. The combination of the tender, flavorful chicken and the crunchy, chewy bread is simply irresistible.
Tear off a piece of the baguette and use it to soak up all the delicious juices from your crack chicken. The contrast in textures adds an extra layer of enjoyment to each bite. Plus, the simplicity of a fresh baguette allows the flavors of the crack chicken to shine through without overpowering them.
It’s a delightful pairing that will leave you craving for more! So grab a loaf of crusty French baguette and get ready to savor every mouthwatering morsel alongside your crack chicken feast.
One of my favorite unique and creative side dishes to serve with crack chicken is crispy kale. This leafy green vegetable becomes delightfully crunchy when baked in the oven, adding a satisfying texture to your meal.
To make crispy kale, simply toss torn pieces of kale in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and any other desired seasonings, such as garlic powder or crushed red pepper flakes. Then spread the kale out on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for about 10-15 minutes until it turns crispy and slightly browned around the edges.
Not only does this side dish provide a delicious contrast to the creamy flavors of crack chicken, but it also adds a healthy dose of vitamins A and K to your meal.
Exploring Different Flavors with Crack Chicken
Still not sure what to serve with crack chicken that complements your taste buds? Spice up your crack chicken experience with some sizzling and tangy side options that will take your taste buds on a wild ride. From fiery jalapenos to zesty citrus-infused salads, there’s something for everyone who loves exploring new flavors! Click here to discover these tantalizing combinations and elevate your crack chicken meal to the next level.
Spicy side options
When it comes to serving crack chicken, adding some spice to your side dishes can take the flavor profile to a whole new level. Here are some spicy side options that pair perfectly with this tasty dish:
- Spicy roasted Brussels sprouts: Toss Brussels sprouts in olive oil, chili powder, garlic powder, and a pinch of cayenne pepper before roasting them until they’re crispy and delicious.
- Buffalo cauliflower bites: Coat cauliflower florets in a mixture of hot sauce, melted butter, and garlic powder. Bake until they’re crispy on the outside and tender on the inside for a vegetarian alternative to buffalo wings.
- Jalapeno cornbread: Kick up traditional cornbread by adding diced jalapenos to the batter. The heat from the peppers will add a zesty kick that complements the creamy crack chicken.
- Spicy coleslaw: Mix shredded cabbage, carrots, mayo, vinegar, hot sauce, and spices like cayenne pepper or paprika for an extra kick. Serve this crunchy slaw alongside your crack chicken for contrasting textures.
- Chipotle black beans: Sauté canned black beans with onions, garlic, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, cumin, and oregano for a smoky and spicy bean dish that pairs well with crack chicken.
Tangy side options
When it comes to serving crack chicken, adding tangy side options can help balance out the rich and creamy flavors. Here are some tangy side dishes that pair perfectly with crack chicken:
- Pickled vegetables: The tanginess of pickled cucumbers, carrots, or onions can provide a refreshing contrast to the richness of crack chicken.
- Citrus salad: A vibrant salad made with segments of citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits, and tangerines will add a zesty and tangy twist to your meal.
- Coleslaw: Classic coleslaw made with cabbage, carrots, and a tangy dressing is a go-to side dish that complements the flavors of crack chicken.
- Tangy salsa: Whether it’s a classic tomato salsa or a fruity salsa with pineapple or mango, the acidity and vibrant flavors will enhance the taste of your crack chicken.
- Greek yogurt dip: Mix Greek yogurt with lemon juice, garlic, and herbs to create a tangy dip that adds brightness to your meal. It pairs well with crack chicken as a dipping sauce.
- Mustard-based potato salad: A potato salad made with mustard dressing brings a tangy kick to the table. The creamy potatoes combined with the zesty dressing complement the crack chicken perfectly.
- Vinegar-based slaw: Instead of using mayonnaise-based dressing, try making a vinegar-based slaw with shredded cabbage, vinegar, sugar, and spices. The tanginess will cut through the richness of crack chicken.
Fresh and light side options
When it comes to serving crack chicken, there are plenty of fresh and light side options that can complement the rich flavors of this dish perfectly.
- Crispy kale: Lightly season kale leaves with olive oil, salt, and pepper, then bake them until they turn crispy. This provides a refreshing crunch to balance out the creamy crack chicken.
- Greek cucumber salad: Toss together cucumber slices, cherry tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, and olives with a lemon vinaigrette. The bright and tangy flavors of this salad provide a refreshing contrast to the richness of crack chicken.
- Grilled zucchini: Slice zucchini lengthwise into thick strips and grill them until tender. The smoky flavor adds depth to the meal while keeping it light and healthy.
- Watermelon feta salad: Combine chunks of juicy watermelon with crumbled feta cheese, fresh mint leaves, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze or lime juice. The sweet-salty combination is perfect for summertime meals.
- Quinoa tabbouleh: Mix cooked quinoa with chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, mint leaves, lemon juice, and olive oil for a light and refreshing side dish packed with nutrients.
- Caprese skewers: Skewer cherry tomatoes, mini mozzarella balls (bocconcini), and fresh basil leaves on toothpicks or small skewers. These tasty bites provide a burst of freshness on the palate.
- Citrus arugula salad: Toss together arugula greens with segments of citrus fruits like oranges or grapefruits, toasted almonds or walnuts, shaved Parmesan cheese, and a simple lemon vinaigrette for a zesty side dish.
- Cucumber avocado salsa: Dice cucumbers and avocados then mix them with lime juice, red onion, jalapeño peppers, and cilantro. This light and tangy salsa adds a refreshing twist to any meal.
- Fresh fruit platter: Serve a variety of sliced fresh fruits such as pineapple, berries, melons, and grapes for a vibrant and healthy accompaniment to crack chicken.
- Mixed green salad: Toss together a mixture of baby spinach, arugula, romaine lettuce or other greens with your favorite toppings like cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, shredded carrots, and a light vinaigrette dressing.
Vegetarian and Vegan Side Dishes for Crack Chicken
– Roasted broccoli: Serve crack chicken with tender roasted broccoli for a delicious and nutritious vegetarian side dish.
– Cauliflower-based sides: Try cauliflower rice or mashed cauliflower as a low-carb alternative to pair with crack chicken.
– Grilled vegetables: Add some smoky flavor by grilling a variety of vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, and eggplant alongside your crack chicken.
Roasted broccoli is a simple and tasty dish that pairs well with crack chicken. The crispy texture and nutty flavor of the roasted broccoli complement the creamy and savory flavors of the crack chicken perfectly.
To make roasted broccoli, simply toss florets in olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast in a preheated oven until tender-crisp. This side dish not only adds a pop of vibrant green to your plate but also provides extra vitamins and fiber to make your meal more nutritious.
So next time you’re serving crack chicken, don’t forget to include some delicious roasted broccoli on the side for a complete and satisfying meal.
So, what’s more on what to serve with crack chicken?
I love serving cauliflower-based sides with crack chicken because they add a delicious and nutritious twist to the meal. One option is cauliflower rice, which is a great low-carb alternative to traditional rice.
It’s easy to make by pulsing cauliflower florets in a food processor until they resemble rice grains, then sautéing them in oil or butter. Another tasty option is roasted cauliflower, where you can toss cauliflower florets with olive oil, salt, and pepper before roasting them in the oven until they are golden brown and tender.
The caramelized flavors of roasted cauliflower pair perfectly with the savory crack chicken dish. No matter how you prepare it, incorporating cauliflower into your crack chicken meal adds a satisfying vegetable element that complements the creamy and flavorful nature of the dish.
One of my absolute favorite side dishes to serve with crack chicken is a medley of grilled vegetables. Grilling brings out the natural sweetness and adds a delicious smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with the savory notes of the crack chicken.
You can choose from an array of colorful vegetables like bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, and asparagus for a vibrant and healthy addition to your meal.
Grilled vegetables are not only incredibly tasty but also provide a great balance to the richness of the crack chicken. They add a refreshing element to each bite and offer a satisfying crunch.
Plus, they’re packed with nutrients, vitamins, and fiber. To bring out their flavors even more, you can brush them with olive oil and sprinkle some salt and pepper before grilling.
Here are some frequently asked questions about what to serve with crack chicken!
1. What are some side dish options to serve with crack chicken?
There are several delicious side dishes that pair well with crack chicken, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, or a crisp garden salad.
2. Can I serve crack chicken on a sandwich?
Absolutely! Crack chicken makes a fantastic filling for sandwiches. Consider serving it on a toasted bun or roll with some lettuce and tomato for added freshness.
3. Are there any vegetarian options to serve alongside crack chicken?
If you’re looking for vegetarian options to accompany your crack chicken, consider serving it with grilled or roasted vegetables. You have options like bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, or portobello mushrooms. Another option is to make vegetable skewers and grill them alongside the chicken.
4. What type of bread goes best with crack chicken?
For those who prefer bread as a side dish, crusty French bread or ciabatta rolls are excellent choices. This help to complement the flavors of crack chicken quite well. You can also opt for whole wheat bread if you want a healthier alternative. This lets you enjoy the combination of textures and tastes.
When it comes to serving crack chicken, the possibilities are endless. From classic side dishes like mashed potatoes and green beans to unique options such as crispy kale or tangy roasted vegetables, there is no shortage of delicious accompaniments for this flavorful dish.
Whether you’re looking for something hearty, vegetarian, or keto-friendly, these side dishes will complement the creamy richness of crack chicken and elevate your meal to a whole new level.
So get creative with your pairings and enjoy the versatility that crack chicken brings to your dinner table!