*We may earn a commission for the purchases made using our links. Please see our disclosure to learn more.
Don’t you just hate guessing how long to cook chicken sausage in air fryer? You’re not alone; even I had a hard time figuring this out until I did some serious investigation. With facts at hand, and thorough testing on my own appliance, our blog provides clear guidance on cooking times for pre-cooked, uncooked or frozen chicken sausages using an air fryer.
If you’re looking for that perfect level of browning and crispness without the worry of undercooking or overcooking your sausage, keep reading!
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Cook Chicken Sausage in the Air Fryer
- 2 Air Fryer Temperature and Cooking Time
- 3 What to Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Sausage
- 4 Is Chicken Sausage Healthy?
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
- Precooked chicken sausages can be cooked in an air fryer at 370°F for 8 – 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Uncooked chicken sausages should be cooked in an air fryer at 370°F for a varying amount of time, ensuring the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Frozen chicken sausages can be cooked in an air fryer at 370°F for approximately 15 – 20 minutes, flipping halfway through and ensuring the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
How to Cook Chicken Sausage in the Air Fryer
To cook chicken sausage in the air fryer, start by preheating it to 400 degrees F.
Precooked chicken sausages
Cooking precooked chicken sausages in an air fryer is a quick and easy task. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide to making air fryer sausages to get you started and how long to cook chicken sausage in air fryer!
- Preheat your air fryer to 370°F.
- Arrange the sausages in the basket, making sure they are spaced apart to allow for even cooking.
- Cook for 4 – 5 minutes before flipping each sausage.
- Continue cooking for another 4 – 5 minutes until they reach your desired level of browning or crispiness.
- Check the internal temperature with a food thermometer; it should read at least 165°F to ensure the sausages are fully cooked.
- Finally, remove them from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
Uncooked chicken sausages
When cooking precooked chicken sausage in an air fryer, follow these steps for perfectly cooked air fry chicken sausages:
- Preheat your air fryer to 370°F for perfect air frying.
- Place the uncooked chicken sausages in the air fryer basket, spaced apart to allow for even airflow.
- Cook the sausages for 10 – 15 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
- Check the internal temperature of the sausages with a meat thermometer. It should reach 165°F to ensure they are fully cooked.
- Once cooked, remove the sausages from the air fryer and serve hot.
Frozen chicken sausages
Cooking frozen chicken sausages in an air fryer is a convenient way to enjoy this tasty meal. Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat your air fryer to 370°F.
- Take the desired amount of frozen chicken sausages out of the packaging.
- Place the sausages in the air fryer basket, making sure they are evenly spaced apart.
- Cook the sausages for approximately 15 – 20 minutes, flipping them over halfway through the cooking time.
- Check the internal temperature of the sausages using a meat thermometer and ensure it reaches at least 165°F for safe consumption.
- Once fully cooked, remove the sausages from the air fryer and let them cool slightly before serving.
Air Fryer Temperature and Cooking Time
So, wondering how long to cook chicken sausage in air fryer? Cooking chicken sausage in an air fryer typically takes 10-15 minutes, depending on the desired level of browning and crispiness of apple sausage. The specific model and temperature settings of your air fryer can also affect the cooking time.
Here’s a quick guide to help you out:
|Type of chicken sausage||Air Fryer Temperature||Estimated Cooking Time|
|Precooked chicken sausages||370°F||8-10 minutes|
|Uncooked chicken sausages||370°F||Varies, ensure internal temperature reaches 165°F|
|Frozen chicken sausages||370°F||Longer than fresh or thawed sausages|
Remember to flip the sausages halfway through the cooking process to ensure even browning on both sides. Note that the cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the can cook chicken sausages, and the specific air fryer being used. Different brands and types of chicken sausages may have slightly different cooking times, so always check the specific instructions provided on the packaging or recipe.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Sausage
There are endless possibilities for what to serve with air fryer chicken sausage, from breakfast and brunch options like scrambled eggs or avocado toast, to lunch and dinner ideas such as a hearty salad or roasted vegetables.
To explore more delicious pairings and discover how versatile chicken sausage can be, keep reading!
Breakfast & Brunch
When it comes to breakfast or brunch, cook sausages in an air fryer and use it as a quick and easy option. But you might wonder how long to cook chicken sausage in air fryer? Here are some quick and delicious ideas for serving air fryer chicken sausage:
- Pair the perfectly cooked sausages with scrambled eggs and toast for a protein – packed breakfast.
- Create a hearty breakfast sandwich by placing the sausages on a toasted English muffin or bagel, topped with cheese and your favorite condiments.
- Serve the sausages alongside crispy hash browns and a side of fruit for a well – rounded morning meal.
- Make a delicious breakfast burrito by wrapping the sausages in a tortilla with scrambled eggs, cheese, and your choice of vegetables.
- If you’re craving something sweet, try serving the chicken sausage alongside pancakes or waffles, drizzled with maple syrup.
Lunch & Dinner
When it comes to lunch or dinner, air fryer chicken sausage can be a versatile and tasty option. Here are some ideas for an air fryer recipe and serving it up:
- Slice the cooked chicken sausages and toss them into a salad for a protein – packed meal.
- Stuff the sausages into buns or rolls and top with your favorite condiments for a quick and delicious sandwich.
- Serve alongside roasted vegetables or a side of mashed potatoes for a satisfying dinner.
- Add cooked chicken sausage to pasta dishes like spaghetti or fettuccine Alfredo for an extra flavor boost.
- Create a hearty stir – fry by cooking the sausage with vegetables like bell peppers, onions, and broccoli.
Is Chicken Sausage Healthy?
Chicken sausage can be a healthy choice when it comes to adding variety to your meals. Compared to raw chicken sausage and to traditional pork sausages, chicken sausage generally has lower fat and calorie content.
It is also a good source of protein and contains essential nutrients like vitamins and minerals. However, it’s important to note that the healthiness of chicken sausage ultimately depends on the specific brand and ingredients used.
Some brands air fried chicken sausage may add extra sodium or preservatives, so it’s always a good idea to check the label for any added additives. You can try out Trader Joe’s chicken sausage. Additionally, moderation is key when consuming any processed meat product, including chicken sausage.
Incorporating other lean protein sources like fish or legumes into your diet can help maintain a well-balanced and nutritious meal plan.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about how long to cook chicken sausage in air fryer!
1. How long should I cook chicken sausage in an air fryer?
The cooking time for chicken sausage in an air fryer can vary depending on the thickness of the sausages, but generally, it takes about 10-12 minutes at a temperature of 400°F (200°C). It’s important to check the internal temperature of tasty sausages using a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches 165°F (74°C) for safe consumption.
2. What should the texture of cooked chicken sausage be like in an air fryer?
When properly cooked in an air fryer, chicken sausages should have a slightly crispy exterior and tender interior. Avoid overcooking chicken sausage air fryer as it can result in dry and rubbery sausages.
3. Can I cook frozen chicken sausage directly in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen chicken sausage directly in an air fryer without defrosting them first. However, you may need to increase the preheat the air fryer cooking time by a few minutes to ensure they are thoroughly heated through.
4. Are there any tips for cooking chicken sausage in an air fryer?
To enhance flavor and prevent sticking, lightly coat the chicken sausages with oil or spray them with cooking spray before placing them in the air fryer basket. You can also add seasonings or herbs leftover chicken sausages for additional taste. Additionally, make sure not to overcrowd the basket to allow proper circulation of hot air for even cooking.
In conclusion, cooking chicken sausage in an air fryer is a quick and convenient way to enjoy flavorful sausages with a perfectly crispy texture. By following the recommended temperature air fry and cooking time guidelines, you can achieve delicious results in just 10-15 minutes.
Whether the fryer chicken sausage recipe you are using pre-cooked, uncooked, or frozen chicken sausages, the air fryer provides an efficient and healthy cooking method that will satisfy your cravings for a tasty meal.